Artistic Gymnastics – Team
Legacy’s Boy’s and Girl’s Artistic Team has several different tracks to choose from. Our elite level coaches can train kids ages 5 and up, ranging from 4-25 hours weekly. Team is invite only and is offered to athletes who want to dedicate more time in the gym. The season curriculum is year round with competition season beginning in November. Legacy has both Elite and AAI top of the line equipment for all your athletes’ training needs. Practice incorporates dedicated dance time, choreography for routines, latest and greatest techniques for fundamentals/skills, flexibility, conditioning and coordination activities. All our coaches are professional USA Gymnastics members and have the highest credentials possible under USAG and FIG.
We have the following team programs:
– Pre-Team (ages 6+): This group is made up of athletes who are preparing for competition and who may still be deciding whether competition is something they want to do; however children are offered additional hours in the gym and learn more advanced skills and maneuvers. Pre-Team athletes may filter into one of our three leagues: XCEL, Junior Olympic or Elite.
– TOPS (beginning at age 5/6): This is typically an elite track and athletes will test during the summer and fall at the state and national level. This group is invite only and train between 4-16 hours weekly.
– HOPES (beginning at age 8/9): This is an elite track and coaches will teach the state and national choreography, in addition to the testing skills which focus on strength, flexibility and coordination. This group is invite only and train between 8-32 hours weekly.
– USAG Junior Olympic (Ages 6+): Legacy offers competition levels 3-10. These levels are based on testing and skills athletes have acquired. Typically and athlete trains between 6-35 hours weekly depending on level they will be competing. The J.O. Program is broken into Compulsory (levels 3-5 for women, levels 4-7 for men) and Optional (levels 6-10 for women, level 8-10 for men) and the athletes rotate through all four events for woman and six events for men.
– Elite Track (Invite Only): There are several ways to be part of Legacy’s Elite Track. Athletes typically work out full time in the gym with setting their sites on making the Junior or Senior National Teams.
– USAG XCEL (ages 6+): XCEL is a modified version of the J.O. Program and is a wonderful league for children who do other activities or sports. The training schedule is less intense and/or rigorous, but allows the athlete to still compete.
Here are a couple of videos to give an idea of what Artistic Gymnastics involves:
If you would like to schedule an assessment for our Team please call or email the gym to schedule an individual evaluation.
(805) 439.4909 or firstname.lastname@example.org