Artistic Gymnastics – Team
Legacy’s Boy’s and Girl’s Artistic Team has several different tracks to choose from. Our elite level coaches can train kids ages 5 and up, ranging from 4-35 hours weekly. Team is invite only and is offered to athletes who want to dedicate more time in the gym. The season curriculum is year round with competition season beginning in November. Legacy has both Elite and AAI top of the line equipment for all your athletes’ training needs. Practice incorporates dedicated dance time, choreography for routines, latest and greatest techniques for fundamentals/skills, flexibility, conditioning and coordination activities. All our coaches are professional USA Gymnastics members and have the highest credentials possible under USAG and FIG.
We have the following team programs:
– Junior Legacy Elites in Training (ages 4-6): Invite Only and athletes train between 4-8 hours weekly.
– Pre-Team (ages 6+): This group is made up of athletes who are preparing for competition and who may still be deciding whether competition is something they want to do; however children are offered additional hours in the gym and learn more advanced skills and maneuvers. Pre-Team athletes may filter into one of our three leagues: XCEL, Junior Olympic or Elite.
– TOPS (beginning at age 5/6): This is typically an elite track and athletes will test during the summer and fall at the state and national level. This group is invite only and train between 4-16 hours weekly.
– HOPES (beginning at age 8/9): This is an elite track and coaches will teach the state and national choreography, in addition to the testing skills which focus on strength, flexibility and coordination. This group is invite only and train between 8-32 hours weekly.
– USAG Junior Olympic (Ages 6+): Legacy offers competition levels 3-10. These levels are based on testing and skills athletes have acquired. Typically and athlete trains between 6-35 hours weekly depending on level they will be competing. The J.O. Program is broken into Compulsory (levels 3-5) and Optional (levels 6-10) Artistic Gymnastics and the athletes rotate through all four events for woman and six events for men.
– Elite Track (Invite Only): There are several ways to be part of Legacy’s Elite Track. Athletes typically work out full time in the gym with setting their sites on making the Junior or Senior National Teams.
– USAG XCEL (ages 6+): XCEL is a modified version of the J.O. Program and is a wonderful league for children who do other activities or sports. The training schedule is less intense and/or rigorous, but allows the athlete to still compete.
Legacy’s Team Coaches have a vast array of experience and expertise, including training elite and being part of the National Team Squad. Additionally, they are all certified at the highest USAG level with certifications as judges, professional members, risk management, Safe Sport, Congress Facilitators and Attendees, Regional and National Representatives. Our coaches have taken kids to the state, national and international level for competition. Furthermore, they are dedicated to building not only great athletes but wonderful people. The benefits of team gymnastics is vast! Character development is part of each work out and weekly lesson plans, along with a dedication to making your athlete meet all their goals, no matter what they may be. They believe in the triad approach where parent, athlete and coach are continually discussing the direction each athlete should take and setting reasonable goals and expectations! No matter what level or league your athlete wants to achieve or excel at, our coaching staff will dedicate the time and effort, meanwhile ensuring they are training in a positive and safe environment.
Legacy Team Tryout Dates:
Legacy will hold open tryouts for Compulsory and XCEL on April 23rd– April 25th . Optional tryouts will be on May 21st– May25th. If you are unable to make these dates or would like to schedule an assessment for Junior Elites in Training or our Pre-Team, please call or email the gym.